Ge Oven Door Glass Shattered



The company says Smith is the first person to report an injury. I also contacted GE public relations asking how frequently this happened since a Google search for glass oven door shattered produced quite a few personal experiences and news reports.


Ge Smart 30 In Self Cleaning Double Electric Wall Oven Slate In The Double Electric Wall Ovens Department At Lowes Com

The inner glass of her top oven door had exploded and the glass was shattered into hundreds of pieces.

Ge oven door glass shattered. GE designs oven glass doors to. My turkey was in the oven cooking. Great prices on all factory-authorized General Electric doors.

Buy doors to repair your General Electric range at PartSelect. I was using the self-cleaning feature this week and after 2 hrs I heard a loud pop. Im going to contact the CPSA also so this was helpful.

We made a good choice ordering the part on line it was easy to fix save us a lot of money. GE representatives say Smiths microwave was manufactured by LG electronics for General Electric - GE model JVM1631-BJ01. General Electric Company is settling a class action alleging that certain of its GE-brand microwaves have a defect that leads to the spontaneous shattering of the glass in their doors.

I turned the oven off and once I was able to open the door saw that the inside glass window in the door had shattered. The inner glass in the door just shattered and glass fell on the floor. It made a big mess all over the floor shortly before I was about to serve dinnerFortunately none of it got inside the oven as there was an inner door and the oven still works.

There are still huge shards of glass inside. GE agreed to a no-cost repair which I described in a 2012 column. Looks like a need to order the right piece of glass remove a couple of screws slip the glass in and fasten the screws.

According to GE what happened to Smith is rare but does happen. The outer glass panel of my GE oven shattered with no warning as I was opening the oven to check on my holiday meal Monday evening April 14 2014. The top oven was on warm and I had the lower oven on broil high.

GE oven door glass shattered. GE states this is the fourth report of glass spontaneously exploding in that particular model. Every one I speak to says I have to buy the entire assembly but I only need to replace the glass.

Your appliance may differ depending on the manufacturer and model. Step by step instructions on how to replace a Oven Door Glass wht WB56T10187 for Range made by GE. My faith in the brand was shaken when my ovens glass door shattered after three years of light use.

So why is this happening. Greer SC Front door glass on GE oven broke. It almost looked like a bath of glass in there she said.

I had shattered the outer glass door of my oven when dropping a glass casserole dish I caught the dish so to speak with the glass door Vanessa C. The problem involves GE Profile or GE Monogram brand microwaves with certain serial numbers. My outer oven door glass shattered on my GE Profile OvenRange and I want to replace the glass.

Oven glass had shattered. I have a Kitchenaid Superba 27 oven. Ive been looking on line and apparently this is a defect that the manufactures are ignoring.

From my small research Ive found that the appliances were m. The following is an example of complaints posted online by consumers after the glass on their oven doors shattered sic throughout. Oven doors are made using tempered glass which has been used in millions of oven doors for many years.

There are a number of ways a glass oven door can shatter but most of them have to do with tiny cracks that develop from something hitting the glass. CBS 2 Investigator Dave Savini has some answers in this Original Report. My GE glass oven door shattered into tiny pieces also around 530 pm Friday Jun-3-11.

I have a GE electric range that is 2 yrs. GE warns consumers about inadvertent damage to glass oven doors -- including the potential for broken or shattered glass -- in its Use and Care Guide a. Complaints of Shattered Doors Exploding Glass.

I have a double electric wall oven that is less than 1 year old. Same-day shipping and easy returns. This video is intended to give you the general idea of the part replacement procedure.

Some of these micro-fissures are created when the glass is tempered while others are created when something small bumps against the glass in the oven like a pan diamond ring or metal spoon. GE Appliances WB56T10187 RangeStoveOven Door Glass covers the outermost part of the oven door High quality GE Appliances OEM WB56T10187 RangeStoveOven Door Glass is manufactured with premium materials for durability and exact fit be sure to follow instructions in owners manual when installing this part.


Ge Oven Door Glass Replacement Youtube


Why Are Oven Doors Shattering


Why Are Oven Doors Shattering


Ge Smart 27 In Self Cleaning Double Electric Wall Oven Black In The Double Electric Wall Ovens Department At Lowes Com


Ge Gas Range Oven Replace Outer Door Gas Wb57k10110 Youtube


2 Investigators Glass Oven Doors Shattering Without Warning Cbs Chicago


Ge Profile 30 Free Standing Double Oven Range Jb968slss Ge Appliances


Fix For Shattered Ge Oven Door A Two Month Campaign Roseman The Star


Why Oven Door Glasses Shatter Repair Aid London Ltd


Maytag 5 3 Cu Ft Electric Range With Shatter Resistant Cooktop In Fingerprint Resistant Stainless Steel Mer6600fz The Home Depot Maytag Electric Range Electric Range Convection Range


Wall Oven Accessories Ge Appliances


Exploding Oven Door Glass Is Common How Safe Is Your Oven Door


Frigidaire 30 In 5 3 Cu Ft Electric Range With Self Cleaning Oven In Stainless Steel Ffef3054ts The Home Depot Stainless Steel Oven Freestanding Electric Ranges Electric Range


Ge 30 In 5 3 Cu Ft Electric Range With Self Cleaning Convection Oven In White Jb655dkww The Home Depot


Maytag 5 3 Cu Ft Electric Range With Shatter Resistant Cooktop In Fingerprint Resistant Stainless Steel Mer6600fz The Home Depot Freestanding Electric Ranges Maytag Electric Range Electric Range


Pin On House Ideas


Consumer Alert Ovens Exploding In Homes Across Country 6abc Philadelphia


Ws01l11516 Ge Range Inner Oven Door Glass Amre Supply


How To Replace Your Ge Oven S Door Trim Jerry S Appliance Repair


Comments

Popular Posts